Crumb Rubber is the result of the third station in the ECO Green lineup. At this stage, wire-free rubber mulch is processed into a uniform granule with all steel and fiber removed. Crumb Rubber is typically found in 3/8” – 400 microns (0.400 mm) in size.
Crumb Rubber has numerous uses from landscaping and playgrounds to engineering applications. Many athletic fields and sporting surfaces utilize crumb rubber as a soft and absorbent layer. Numerous rubber modified asphalt roadways and rubber sealants also use crumb rubber as a main ingredient.
Crumb Rubber Processing:
- Rubber Mulch material reduced to 1/4” inch or smaller
- On Average, 10 to 12 pounds of crumb rubber can come from one passenger car tire
Crumb Rubber Markets:
- Athletic Surfaces and Fields
- Landscape Trails and Walkways
- Molded and Extruded Products
- Rubber Modified Asphalt and Sealants
Crumb Rubber Benefits:
- Stress absorbing properties for asphalt applications
- Virtually Maintenance Free
- Improves surface safety of athletic and play fields
- Diverts Tires from Landfills and Environment